Please read this privacy statement carefully before using the services.
Arable Labs, Inc. (“Company” or “we” or “our”), recognizes the importance of your privacy. This Privacy Statement outlines the types of information we gather when you use our website or online service, or any service related to an Internet-enabled device (each, a “Service”), and how we use that information, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard it. It is important to review this Privacy Statement in its entirety.
As part of the operation of the Services, certain pieces of information are gathered about the users (individually, “you” or a “User” and collectively, “Users”). This Privacy Statement contains explanations regarding the types of information collected, what is done with such information, and how to correct or change the information.
The Information We Collect
Information you Provide to Company. We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to Company, such as when you register for our Services. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that individually identifies you, and may include your name, physical address, phone number, and e-mail address, and any other information that would allow someone to identify or contact you. Of course, you may choose not to provide Company with Personally Identifiable Information. However, this choice may prevent Company from providing you with the information or Services you requested or that could be offered to you.
We also collect information or data about you that is not Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-Personal Data”). Thus, Non-Personal Data is data that does not identify you or any other individual.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services. When you access or use the Services, we may automatically collect both Personally Identifiable Information about you as well as Non-Personal Data, including:
- Usage, System, and Log Data. Your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, device identifier, location information, MAC address, browser, and activity on the Service, including, but not limited to, dates and times of use, clicks, page and profile views, and the amount of time you spend on each page.
- Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. One such technology is called a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the Services and to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Services. Also, we may create a unique device or user ID for you and store it in a cookie so we can recognize you and customize your experience based on your preferences. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Services. We may also use web beacons as part of the Services.
- Agricultural and Environmental Data. Our Services that involve use of Internet-enabled devices will collect data related to soil and the environment, most of which is Non-Personal Data.
Using the Information
Use in General. We may use your information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Services;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and to provide customer service and support;
- Conduct research;
- Prevent potentially illegal activities;
- Fulfill your requests through the Services;
- Provide you with information related to managing your soil and crops.
- Send you promotional materials and information;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services and for marketing or advertising purposes; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Use of Aggregate or De-Identified Information. In addition to the individual data use described in this Privacy Statement, we may aggregate information about you and other individual users together, or otherwise de-identify the information about you, so that the information does not identify you personally. By removing Personally Identifiable Information, we are left with Non-Personal Data. We may use Non-Personal Data in these forms for a variety of purposes, including for research and analysis, administration of the Services, and advertising. We own all Non-Personal Data collected through the Services.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We will not share Personally Identifiable Information about you with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Statement:
- Service Providers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on behalf of Company and require access to your Personally Identifiable Information to carry out that work.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with affiliates of Company for use as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement.
You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose any Personally Identifiable Information in a public forum available on the Services, this information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Privacy Statement does not apply to such information. You accept that you, and not Company, are responsible for providing such information in any public forum. Any submissions to public areas on the Services are accepted by you with the understanding that such forums are accessible to third parties. If you do not want your comments or any content to be viewed by third parties, you should not submit comments or contents on public forums.
Company protects your Personally Identifiable Information by using information security safeguards. Unfortunately, neither the network nor data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect a User’s information, Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of Personally Identifiable Information or other information submitted through a Service. Thus, any information a User transmits to us is done so at the User’s own risk.
The Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Accountability and Compliance
You may address any question regarding how Company complies with this Privacy Statement to the e-mail address set forth in this Privacy Statement.
On occasion, the Services are connected by “hyperlinks” to other third party’s websites. Please note that Company is not responsible in any way for the privacy practices of other websites and suggests that you review the privacy policies and statements of those other companies’ websites before using them.
Accessing Your Personally Identifiable Information Once Given
If you believe your Personally Identifiable Information is inaccurate, you may contact Company to amend or delete your Personally Identifiable Information. You have the right to request information about the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information and to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your Personally Identifiable Information, and to have your Personally Identifiable Information amended where inaccurate or deleted from the Company database. To do so, please e-mail Company at the e-mail address set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Social Media Features and Widgets
The Services include social media features and widgets. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting through the Services, other applicable information, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media functions are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly through the Services. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
The Services are not intended for people under the age of 13. Further, we do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed Personally Identifiable Information to us, please contact us at the e-mail address set forth in this Privacy Statement and Company will delete such Personally Identifiable Information.
Consent to Transfer
Please be aware that information we collect through the Service is stored and processed on servers physically located in the United States. If you are a resident or citizen of another country, the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen. By using the Services or providing Company with any information, you consent to processing, and storage of your information in the United States or such other countries as Company may subsequently choose in its sole discretion.
Changes to This Statement
Please note this Privacy Statement is subject to change from time to time. We will notify you of material changes to this Privacy Statement by either sending you an e-mail (if we have your current email address) or by including prominent notice of such change on a Company website or other applicable Service. The effective date of each version of the Privacy Statement will be included in this Privacy Statement. Prior versions of this Privacy Statement will be kept in an archive for you to view for a reasonable period of time.
Different Locations, Different Laws
The laws and regulations that address privacy rights and responsibilities (collectively, “Laws”) are different from one to another. Indeed, some of the Laws do or do not apply depending on different factors, including:
- Location or residence of the user.
- Location or residence of the individual that is the subject of the Personally Identifiable Information (“Data Subject”).
- Location or residence of the person or organization that employs or contracts with the Data Subject.
- Location of each server or other machine where the Personal Data is received, stored, processed or forwarded to.
- Location of our office.
If there is any conflict or ambiguity between the statements made in this Privacy Statement and an applicable Law, then the Law will control.
Your California Privacy Rights – ATTN
Currently, we do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, although we may do so in the future. We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. Regardless, some third party sites may keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content. Please note that some browsers and software applications may allow you to set a DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. Please check the help system or other documentation for the browser or software application that you use to learn whether or not they allow you to set a DNT signal and, if so, how to set the DNT signal.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Data by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com, or send us postal mail at:
ARABLE LABS, INC 252 Nassau St. 2nd Floor Princeton, NJ 08542
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a subscriber of any site where this Privacy Statement is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal, even if requested.
If you want to contact Company about anything related to this Privacy Statement, please send an e-mail to Arable or a letter to:
ARABLE LABS, INC 252 Nassau St. 2nd Floor Princeton, NJ 08542
Effective Date: January 1, 2020